|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Author||Serves|
|15 minutes||1 hour||1 hour 15 minutes||Oakley's||5|
Welcome back spud lovers! Getting bored with simple roast veggies? Today’s pandemic Pantry recipe takes all of those root vegetables sitting in the pantry and turns it into a creamy dreamy five-star meal! We’ll be using a can of soup too to help you use up any extras you bought while doomsday shopping. Simple and tasty, this one has been an Oakley’s family classic for over 20 years for when there’s “nothing to eat”.
1kg Oakley’s Golden Gourmet Potatoes
3 carrots or parsnips
2 x 300g cans of soup, we used Watties creamy chicken and vegetables (just make sure its mostly runny, not chunky)
2T mixed dried herbs
1/2 cup cheese, grated (we used edam)
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan bake. Grease a casserole dish with butter or oil.
- Carefully slice the veggies either using a mandolin or a sharp knife. Be careful fo your fingers!
- Begin to layer the veggies in the dish, adding salt, pepper and a splash of the soup mix between each layer.
- Top with the rest of the soup and grated cheese. Cook for one hour in the oven.
- Serve hot with a side salad or enjoy on its own. Option to add some bacon pieces to the top.
- Take a photo and upload to Facebook to Instagram tagging @oakleysvegetables and using #oakleyspandemicpantry.