Bacon Loaded Potato Soup
What’s better than potato soup? Potato soup with bacon! Our Bacon Loaded Potato Soup is the perfect winter warmer and stores well in the freezer for a rainy day. See where you can pick up a box of Golden Gourmet’s here.
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp butter
1 large onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups stock
¾ cup sour cream (plus extra to serve)
1 ½ cups tasty cheese, grated
Salt and pepper, to taste
6 rashers bacon
Chives, to serve
- Heat the oil and butter in a large pot until melted and combined. Add the onion and saute until fragrant. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and cover with the stock. Boil for 20-25 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, take a large frying pan and grill the bacon on medium to high heat. Rest on folded paper towels to absorb excess grease (optional). Chop into small bits.
- Remove from the heat and add the source cream and cheese. Blend with an immersion stick blender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and top with chopped chives, bacon and extra sour cream. Serve with crusty bread for a hearty meal.