|Oakley's Premium Fresh Vegetables Ltd
We all know we could use more vegetables in our diet, so why not have our cake (or brownie) and eat it too?
We’ll be the first to say that the idea of a BEETROOT brownie doesn’t sound amazing. But trust us, once you make these bad boys, you’ll be a believer. The beetroot gives them a moistness and light airy texture that is unmatched.
Beetroot is a superfood packed with essential nutrients, fibre, folate (vitamin B9), manganese, potassium, iron, and vitamin C.
Beetroots and beetroot juice have been associated with numerous health benefits, including improved blood flow, lower blood pressure, and increased exercise performance.
So roll up your sleeves, pick up some Oakley’s Beetroot, turn on the oven and get cooking!
250g good quality dark chocolate
1T instant coffee powder
1 1/4C flour
1C coconut sugar
1T vanilla essence
1 1/2 t baking powder
Pinch of salt
- Pre set the oven to 180 degrees fan bake,
- Cut the beetroot up into all thumb-sized pieces and boil them on the stove at medium heat.
- While the beetroot is cooking, combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl. Add the vanilla.
- After 15 minutes, or until they are fork-tender, drain almost all of the water, leaving 2T of boiled water.
- Blitz the water and beetroot in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together over medium heat until melted and combined.
- Add the beetroot puree and melted chocolate to the egg mixture. Hand beat or mix to combine.
- Sift the dry ingredients in and fold to combine.
- Pour batter into a lined baking tray and cook for 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 20 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.