Beetroot Chocolate Pudding
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Author||Serves|
|10 mins||35 mins||35 mins||4|
This recipe comes straight from the collection of The Petite Kitchen recipe book by Eleanor Ozich. You can find it at any great bookstore. Photo credit: http://bit.ly/1LH2yfS
- 280 g or 2 cups firmly packed peeled and grated beetroot (Oakley’s best of course)
- 4 free-range eggs 75 g or ⅔ cup of good-quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons honey, or maple or agave syrup 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil, or unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons good-quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4).
- Put all the pudding ingredients in a large bowl. Using a wooden spoon, mix until very well combined.
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased 750ml baking dish, or divide among four 250ml ramekins. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the pudding is in the oven, make the chocolate sauce.
- Melt the coconut oil and honey together in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from the heat, then whisk in the cocoa and vanilla until well combined.
- After the pudding has been baking for 20 minutes, pour the chocolate sauce over the top. Bake for a further 15 minutes, or until the pudding is well risen, but is still slightly soft in the centre.
Notes: Best served warm.