Cheesy Stuffed Spuds
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Author||Serves|
|15 mins||55 mins||1 hour 10 mins||Oakleys||3-4|
A kiwi classic: The stuffed spud with all the extras! Add in a little bit of what you fancy and prepare to be delighted by your bomb cooking skills.
- 6 medium-sized Oakleys Golden Gourmet Potatoes (from the 2.5kg box)
- ½ Can of creamed corn
- ¼ C sour cream
- ¾ Cup Tasty Cheese, grated
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, diced
- ¼ Red Onion, diced
- 1T parsley, finely chopped, to serve
- Salt and Pepper
- 1T Vegetable Oil
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Drizzle oil over the potatoes and sprinkle with salt. Rub the oil and salt all over the potato using your hands so that the whole potato is lightly coated with oil and salt.
- Pierce each potato with a fork or sharp knife several times; this will allow moisture to escape during the baking.
- Preheat the over to 200 degrees Celsius on fan bake. Bake the potatoes until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are cooked: Cut each potato open by cutting a line across the top from end to end with a sharp knife. Scoop out the insides into a medium-sized bowl. Combine this with the creamed corn, sour cream and half of the cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the potato halves with the mixture, top with the remaining cheese and bake again for 10 minutes in the over.
- Take them out, top with the tomato, peppers, red onion and parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!