Crackled pork with herby potatoes
|1 hours 10 minutes
|1 hour 30 minutes
Crispy, crackled pork fragranced with lemon and garlic is served with herby oregano roast potatoes flecked with crumbled feta; this recipe is what dreams are made of. We have shared this beautiful crackled pork with herby potatoes recipe from our friends at New World.
Founder Robin Oakley has been passionate about growing vegetables since he was a young boy. He grew up in rural Canterbury inspired by growers such as his father and grandfather. He founded the company in 1985 with the vision of providing the freshest products to his customers. His commitment to quality from crop to supermarket has been his mission.
In 2021, Oakley’s vegetables are enjoyed across New Zealand by kiwi families. Oakley’s are located in Southbridge with a diverse team committed to providing New Zealand with their favourite vegetables. Oakley’s works alongside the community and encourages an active lifestyle whilst giving back to the locals.
- 1 skin-on pork loin roast (around 1kg)
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 6 garlic cloves
- 800g potatoes (we recommend using our Golden Gourmets)
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 50g feta cheese
- Preheat your oven to 230°C fan bake. Pat the pork completely dry with a paper towel, then use a sharp knife to create scores in the skin. Transfer to a large roasting dish.
- In a bowl, mix together the lemon zest and two finely chopped garlic cloves with 1 tablespoon of salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Rub the salt mixture all over the pork, focusing on the skin and then the flesh.
- Place into the oven to roast for 20 minutes, then turn the temperature down to 180°C and roast for a further hour.
- In a bowl, toss the lemon juice and remaining garlic cloves with the halved potatoes, dried oregano, a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper. After the pork has cooked for 20 minutes, scatter the potatoes around the pork and return to the oven until the pork has finished cooking; turning the potatoes once during the cooking time.
- To serve, crumble the feta over the potatoes and roasted garlic cloves, then slice the pork while hot and crispy!