Creamy Dreamy Potato and Broccoli Soup
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Author||Serves|
|10||45||55||Oakley's Premium Fresh Vegetables||4|
We did it – we’re finally at the tail end of winter! Spring is just around the corner, you may even be seeing daffodils and blossoms popping up, but we sure are still getting those frosty mornings and evenings. This winter warmer soup is the perfect meal to share with the whānau on those colder nights, or to take into work for a tasty and nutritious lunch. We took out some of the cream you’d find in a more traditional broccoli soup and added in potatoes to give it that smooth texture, nutrient hit and reduce the amount of saturated fat. Now that’s smart!
2Tbsp Olive Oil
1 large onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 heads of broccoli, chopped
500g Oakley’s Golden Gourmets, diced
2 stock cubes
50g tasty cheese, grated
2 bay leaves
Chilli flakes, to taste
- Dice the onion and mince the garlic, add to a preheated pot with olive oil and cook on medium heat until translucent. Put the kettle on.
- Prepare and add the potatoes, broccoli, stock cubes, bay leaves and 1 Litre of boiling water.
- Simmer with the lid on for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves and add the cheese once the potatoes are soft. Rest and then blend with a hand-mixer. This step is vital to achieve that creamy consistency you get in a restaurant.
- Serve with some crusty bread and top with chilli flakes and extra grated cheese.
- Take a photo and upload your masterpiece to Facebook or Instagram tagging @oakleysvegetables