Crispy Potatoes with Roasted Tomatoes and Pesto Salad
This dish balances the fattiness of the crispy spuds with the tartness of the tomatoes. The pesto combines the two together and serves well with a protein such as falafel or chicken. Our Golden Gourmet spuds are perfect for this dish, small enough to boil and smash whole but packing a lot of flavor.
Go on and make out Crispy Potatoes with Roasted Tomatoes and Pesto Salad with out Golden Gourmets. See where you can pick up a box here.
750g Oakley’s Baby Golden Gourmet Potatoes (half of the box)
2 Tbsp butter (substitute with extra version olive oil)
3 garlic cloves, crushed
5 large tomatoes, halved
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
180g good quality pesto
Dill, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius fan bake.
- Add the potatoes to a large saucepan and boil in generously salted water for 15 – 20 minutes, or until fork-tender. Strain and leave for 5 minutes to steam.
- Place the spuds on a lined baking tray and use the back of a spoon to “smash” them – almost like flattening cookie dough!
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and add the garlic. Cook for 3 minutes, or until the butter has browned. Gently spoon over the smashed potatoes. Transfer to the oven and cook for 25 minutes, or until golden and crispy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the spuds are in the oven, half the tomatoes, drizzle the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the oven for 20 minutes, or until crispy on the edges and soft and juicy in the middle.
- Layer the crispy spuds and tomato and dollop the pesto on top. Sprinkle with dill and serve immediately. Serve well with a high-quality protein such as roast chicken, lamb shoulder or falafel.