Oakley’s Candy Beetroot is a very special variety filled with sweet and swirly rings. These beets pack big flavour while making boring salads look instworthy. Try throwing together Oakley’s Candy beetroot with maple candied pecans and goats cheese. Super easy and quick, this dish is sure to be a new family favourite. Feel free to swap out the pecans for any other nuts available to you – they’ll all taste delectable!
*Recipe & image sourced and adapted from Simply Delicious*
- 200g pecans, or any other nut available
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, alternatively you can use 1 teaspoon of dried thyme leaves
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 6 Oakley’s Candy Beetroot, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 200g soft goat’s cheese
- One bag of baby salad leaves
- To make the candied pecans, toast the nuts in a large frying pan over medium heat for a minute.
- Pour in the maple syrup and allow to cook and get sticky for a minute.
- Remove the nuts from the pan and place on a sheet of baking paper. Allow to cool completely.
- To make the vinaigrette, combine the ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- To make the salad, place the salad leaves on a platter and top with the sliced beetroot, candied pecans and crumble over the goat’s cheese
- Dress with the vinaigrette and serve.
- Impress the whole whānau with your chef skills, snap a picture for Instagram and tag us @oakleysvegetables