Dreamy Creamy Broccoli Soup
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Author||Serves|
|10 mins||20 mins||30 mins||Oakleys||4|
Fight the winter blues with this nutritionally dense and oh so creamy broccoli soup! One serve provides you with your daily intake of vitamin C to boost immunity and strengthen skin, hair and nails. It also contains your daily intake of vitamin K for healthy blood function and bone formation. Soup is also perfect for when you have some bread that’s going a wee bit dry, simply chuck it in the oven and serve with butter for a crunchy accompaniment.
1T Olive oil
1 large onion, diced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1C celery, diced
2 Heads of Broccoli (including stems) chopped
3C vegetable stock
1/4C full fat cream
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place a medium-large pot over medium heat and add the Olive Oil and butter. When melted and combined, add the diced onions and garlic. Sauté until fragrant.
- While they cook, clean with cold water and chop up the broccoli and celery. Add to the pot. Cover with vegetable stock.
- Allow to simmer for 20 minutes, or until tender and fully cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the cream. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Blend and serve with crusty bread.