Focaccia with Potato and Rosemary
|2 hours 40 minutes
If you love warm, crusty bread then you HAVE to try our Focaccia with Potato and Rosemary! Slice your spuds super thin with a mandolin and enjoy.
See where you can pick up a box of Golden Gourmet’s here.
200g Oakley’s Classic Golden Gourmet Potatoes
½ Tbsp dried yeast
2 tsp sugar
Salt, to taste
6 Tbsp olive oil (plus extra for greasing the dish)
2 cloves garlic, minced
500g white flour (plus extra for kneading)
Sprig of rosemary
- Warm the milk in the microwave (not too hot, think the same temperature as baby food). Add the yeast and sugar. Mix well and leave covered with a tea towel to froth for 15 minutes.
- Add the flour and salt to a bowl. Add the frothy liquid and oil. Combine well into a dough. You can do this by hand, or with a stand mixer. Knead for 5 minutes. Add extra flour as required if the mixture is too sticky, or a splash of water if too dry.
- Shape into a ball and place in a graded bowl. Cover and leave somewhere warm for at least two hours. The dough should double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius fan bake.
- Grease a large rectangular baking tray and press the dough into the base. Let stand for 20 minutes to puff up. Push down on the dough with your fingers to create small wells.
- Slice the potatoes thinly either by hand or with a mandolin and arrange them on top of the dough, overlapping the slices. Drizzle with more olive oil, top with the rosemary, garlic and salt.
- Bake for 20- 30 minutes, or until golden and risen.
- Serve immediately for warm and crusty bread.