Hearty Sheppards Pie with Braised Beef
|1 1/2 hours and 45 minutes
|2 1/2 hours
Rich, juicy and delicious… you can’t go past a Hearty Sheppards Pie with Braised Beef! We use wine and herbs to give the beef that “melt in your mouth” taste and texture. Our Golden Gourmets do not disappoint as they top this luscious pie. make it in advance and pop it in the freezer for a grab-and-go meal option.
See where you can pick up a box of Golden Gourmet’s here.
800g braising beef, diced
3 Tbsp flour
2 tsp smoked paprika
2T extra virgin olive oil
1 brown onion, finely diced
1.5 cups red wine
2.5 cups stock
1 cup frozen peas
1 Tbsp dried thyme
1 Tbsp dried rosemary
750 grams Classic Oakley’s Golden Gourmet Potatoes
2 Tbsp butter
1/3 cup milk
Salt and pepper, to taste
½ cup tasty cheese
Fresh herbs, to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions. Saute until fragrant.
- Add the beef and flour, stirring until covered. Cook by stirring for 5 minutes until browned
- Stir in the wine, stock and herbs, and simmer on low for 1 ½ hours, or until the meat is deeply tender. Add in the frozen peas and thaw. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, start making the mash. Dice the potatoes, add to a saucepan and cover with water. Add 1tsp salt and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain well, then add the butter, milk, and a good pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mash well.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Transfer the pie filling to a large baking dish, and then top with the mash and cheese. Sprinkle over the herbs, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, and then bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, or until bubbling around the edges.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.