Potato and Corn Chowder
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Author||Serves|
|15 mins||30 mins||45 mins||Oakleys||6|
Try this hearty and creamy soup full of vegetables for those colder days.
- 4 cups cubed Oakley’s Baby Golden Gourmet potatoes
- 4 fresh corn on the cob, shucked
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- ¾ cup finely chopped onion
- 2½ cups chicken chicken stock
- 2½ cups milk
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cream
- 1½ teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven on grill setting. Brush corn with olive oil. Grill corn for 12-15 minutes, turning every few minutes, until slightly charred.This may take longer depending on the strength of your oven. Cool slightly and cut kernels from cobs.
- Puree 1 cup of corn kernels in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Melt butter in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until soft (5-7 minutes)
- Add chicken stock, milk, potatoes, salt and pepper. Simmer until potatoes are just tender (10-12 minutes)
- Stir in corn kernels, pureed corn and cream. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are done.
- Using a potato masher or immersion blender, slightly mash some of the potatoes, leaving some whole pieces. Stir in fresh thyme, and additional salt and pepper, to taste.