Potato and Spinach Curry Stuffed Flat Breads
As seen on TVNZ 1’s The Great Kiwi Bake Off. Wendy’s deliciously savoury Potato and Spinach Curry Stuffed Flat Breads stuffed with lightly curried vegetables. This recipe is from the team over at New World, a proud stockist of our Golden Gourmets.
Founder Robin Oakley has been passionate about growing vegetables since he was a young boy. He grew up in rural Canterbury inspired by growers such as his father and grandfather. He founded the company in 1985 with the vision of providing the freshest products to his customers. His commitment to quality from crop to supermarket has been his mission.
In 2021, Oakley’s vegetables are enjoyed across New Zealand by kiwi families. Oakley’s are located in Southbridge with a diverse team committed to providing New Zealand with their favourite vegetables. Oakley’s works alongside the community and encourages an active lifestyle whilst giving back to the locals.
- 3 cups Plain Flour
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 red kumara
- 3 small potatoes (we recommend our Oakley’s Golden Gourmet)
- 1 large carrot
- ½ block of hard tofu
- Olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2cm ginger minced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed and minced
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tsp white pepper
- 2 tbs black sesame seeds
- 2 tsp corn flour
- Mix flour, olive oil, salt and water in stand mixer using dough hook. Once combined and dough is smooth, roll into a ball cover with a tea towel and leave for 30 minutes.
- Peel and chop the Golden Gourmet potatoes and kumara into small cubes and boil in water till soft.
- Fry garlic, ginger and onion for 5 minutes and then add curry powder.
- Peel carrot and chop into small cubes add to frying pan. Add the potatoes and kumara to the frying pan but keep the water in the pan. Cut tofu into cubes and add to the pan. Add the spinach, soy sauce and white pepper. Add some of the water from the pan to make a sauce. Leave to simmer.
- Divide dough into 8 pieces (approximately 100g each). Roll into a circle, spoon mixture into half of the circle. Fold dough over and seal. Sprinkle the seeds over the top.
- Heat a clean pan on high heat, pour 2 tbs oil in the pan and fry the flat breads for approximately 5 minutes each side.