Super Smashed Spuds
You’ve heard of mashed spuds, but have you ever tried smashed spuds? These cheesy beauties will leave you licking your fingers and coming back for more – don’t count on any leftovers! We like to use our Baby Golden Gourmets, but they would also work well using our classic Golden Gourmet too. Happy smashing!
600g Oakley’s Baby Golden Gourmets
2L Salted Water, Boiled
60g Grated Parmesan Cheese
2T Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan bake and line a tray with baking paper. Boil the water in a medium-sized saucepan, making sure to salt it well.
- Add the spuds, just under half of the 1.5kg box, and leave to boil uncovered for 15 mins.
- Once soft, but not quite cooked through, remove the spuds from the heat and drain. Line in the tray and smash each one lightly with the back of a fork.
- Drizzle with olive oil, a sprinkle of parmesan add salt and pepper.
- Allow to finish cooking in the oven for 15 mins and remove once the spuds are cooked and the cheese slightly browned.
- Serve immediately as an entree or side dish.